Wednesday, March 07, 2012

INTERVIEW: A bus ride with: Natia Rekhviashvili (thestereotip.com)

Knowing how to sneak into spaces, how to thread her way through faces, behind mirrors. Natia Rekhviashvili has a particular sensibility in catching the essence of great distances and small occasions. Children climbing, models getting ready, but also desert streets, hills, old wooden houses and expanses of water lit by a few artificial lights.

The young photographer from Tbilisi tells about herself to The Stereotip.



How did your passion for photography developed? 
Ever since my childhood I’ve loved drawing and painting. I’m actually a fashion designer. In the last few years I’ve been painting rarely and photography filled the need of art inside me. Photography became an integral part of my life.
Your pictures often tell about places, silent and evocative landscapes. What is it that attracts you the most of what you have around you?        
Those places that I loved in my childhood inspire me. Also poetry, songs, situations. Those feelings that remind me of something real, or imaginary. People, beautiful things, silence. Stories, emotions. Often I follow feelings, without planning anything.
Tell us about your experience as backstage photographer at Fashion Week: what did it give you?  
Fashion Week has been very interesting for me to shoot. Fashion is one of my interests. I met many interesting people. I learnt to work quickly and in unplanned situations. You have the responsibility to represent all the different designers, models and backstage. My photos were printed in a Georgian magazine. I’m always happy when someone watches my photos and finds them interesting.
Three adjectives to describe yourself.
Emotional, artistic,  kind
A film, a book and a song. 
Film: Michelangelo Antonioni, “Beyond clouds”. Book: Dostoevskij, “White Nights”. Song: Nouvelle Vague, “Don’t go”
What’s the stereotype you really can’t do without? 
I don’t have one.

Source: www.thestereotip.com

No comments: