Friday, August 08, 2014

PHOTOGRAPHY: Irma Sharikadze, "Letters" By Irma Sharikadze - Kolga Tbilisi Photo 2014 - B&W Gallery (Tbilisi, Gogebashvili St. 46 b)









«…Dear Frida, we have mellow and warm October here. The beauty around makes you want to cry! Last week we visited Vassily's parents in the village and celebrated the harvest. A covey of village girls was following me – everyone stared at me and whispered indelicately. I'm a colonel's wife for them, a city bimbo – embodiment of inaccessible city chic. And I'm thinking of you, my sweet sister, of your magnificent beauty, of your mixing in high society… Frida, tell me about THEM, what are they like? What's the difference between us and them? How does it feel – being a wife of the first revolutionary artist? Is it true that he's a sleep-walker? – Erenburg himself told a fellow general's wife about that…» 

«…it's weird that you ask me how I feel about being a great artist's wife, Maritsa. Why don't you ask me how I feel about being a great artist myself, how I achieved it, how I suffered and how many strokes of fate I survived. By the way, Rivera is not the least of them. But the strong is not the one who encountered obstacles, but the one who managed to overcome them! I wonder if you have heard about Nietzsche, that bourgeois philosopher. He claims that man is something to be overcome. Yes, Maritsa, Adam's child must jump over himself. And I did it. «Jump over myself» - that was my ticket to the «high society».

«…Dear Frida, I've just returned from the street, still in my coat. I went to the church nearby… 

It was already getting dark, when I set out to the church – I didn't want to encounter any acquaintances, you know. The church is situated deep in the park. It barely functions – only old priest comes there from time to time. Back in the days they kept the Theotokos of Three Hands icon in this church. Today there are only a few icons on its walls. I prayed to Saint Panteleimon for your health, so that he saved you from those terrible pains.

When I was leaving the church, a scary picture unfolded before my eyes: the sky was completely dark with ravens. I have no idea what that meant. It would surely be better that it didn't mean anything at all.

I covered my face with my hands all horrified, got down on my knees and began to pray passionately. All of a sudden I felt somebody touching my shoulder. I cried with fear. The priest was standing behind me. Not the old priest, but a young unfamiliar one.

«You shouldn't be afraid of ravens, - he told me dismally, - they are of the same breed as pigeons».

I felt ill at ease and hurried away. On the way home it dawned upon me that the young priest looked exactly like the lawyer, who told me about your (my twin sister's) existence. I'm scared!..»

«…You know, Maritsa, I had a dream about our mother. She was a beautiful woman with loose wiry hair under a felt hat. She was wearing a batiste flower dress and tarpaulin boots with male jacket on her shoulders. I liked her a lot and was longing for her, I wished I could hug her. I was reaching out for her trying to bridge the distance between us. But when I finally approached her I was in for a big disappointment – there was a hairy male chest under thin fabric of her dress… That's my rubbish fantasies! Nevermind this nonsense…

Maritsa, have you ever seen our mother in your dreams? What was she like? Do you actually believe that subconscious mind of three-year-old twins could adopt the mother’s image? It’s such a pity that you don’t draw! We would have simultaneously painted the mother’s portraits and exchanged them. It’s not that interesting to fantasize alone. I don’t want to impose my vision on you. We'd better do it like that: be my mother and I'll be yours, if you have nothing against that, of course… I will write on your photo right now: «Mother!..» 




www.facebook.com/irmastudio

georgiatoday.ge

kolga.ge/photoweekprogram/KOLGA 2014 [eng.pdf]

issuu.com/kolga tbilisi photo 2014 catalogue



როექტი „წერილები“

ავტორი: ირმა შარიქაძე

ქართველი ხელოვანის პროექტი „წერილები“ ჩვენს საერთო კულტურულ სისხლის მიმოქცევას გვახსენებს - ხელოვნების შესაძლებლობას, გადაკვეთოს საზღვრები და მოიცვას არა მხოლოდ ადამიანები, არამედ საკუთარი თავიც. ფრიდამ საკუთარი ტყუპი და გამოიგონა, რომელიც ახლა ფრიდას იგონებს და რომელიც ირმა შარიქაძის პერსონაჟია. პროექტში „წერილები“ ორივე მათგანს ვხედავთ - ფრიდას და მარიცას - ქართველი ხელოვანის ალტერ ეგოს, მის თამაშს საკუთარ პერსონაჟთან, ხასიათის სტრატეგიებთან, ისტორიისა და ხელოვნების ენებთან. ფრიდამ დაბადა მარიცა, ფრიდა ჩნდება მარიცასადმი წერილებში - დები ერთმანეთის სიმბოლური დედები ხდებიან („სჯობს ასე გავაკეთოთ: იყავი ჩემი დედა და მე ვიქნები შენი, თუ წინააღმდეგი არ ხარ, რა თქმა უნდა“). ეს ნაზი მეტაფორა გამოსახულებისა და რეფერენტის, ხელოვანისა და პერსონაჟის რთული დილექტიკითაა განმსჭვალული. ეს დაღვინების დიალექტიკაა, რომელიც ფრიდა კალოსკენ იყო მიმართული და, სავარაუდოდ, მისი შემოქმედების არსი განსაზღვრა. ირმა შარიქაძე საკუთარ შემოქმედებით სიმწიფეს დების ამ გამოგონილ ბიოგრაფიას უკავშირებს. 

გარდა ამისა, ტყუპი დები სილამაზეს აორმაგებენ...მაყურებლის ყურადღება უმწიკვლო გამოსახულებისკენაა მიმართული და სურათის ქვეშ, ხელნაწერ ტექსტს აწყდება. შესაბამისად, მაყურებლის მიერ პროექტის აღქმა ეფუძნება არა პრიალა ჟურნალების კლიშეებს, რომლებიც პირდაპირ უკავშირდება ეფექტურ ფოტოგრაფიას, არამედ კონცეპტუალურ კოდებს...

თუკი ერთსა და იმავე დროს დაც ხარ და დედაც, ეს იმას ნიშნავს, რომ ერთი მამა არსებობს, რომელიც ქმარი ხდება. სიზმარში ფრიდა ბატისტის კაბაში გამოწყობილ დედას ხედავს, თუმცა მოულოდნელად, შუქმგრძნობიარე ქსოვილის ქვეშ, მამაკაცის ბანჯგვლიან მკერდს აღმოაჩენს. ეს საზარელი სიზმარი შემოქმედებით ძალისხმევაზე მეტყველებს. ამ დროს, ინდივიდუალურობა შთამომავლობით მიღებული ტაბუსგან თავისუფლდება. ირმა შარიქაძის შეზღუდვებისგან გათავისუფლებული ძალისხმევა ცხოვრებისეული გარემოებების წინააღმდეგ ამბოხში, მამაკაცურობისკენ მისწრაფებაში ვლინდება. პროექტი ანარეკლებითაა დამუხტული...

ალექსანდრე ევანგელი

No comments: