Sunday, January 13, 2008

MUSIC: Worlmusic, Folk & Experimental with Stumari

2005 Knut Geißler & me invited "Stumari" for a first concert to Germany (Leipzig). In the last autumn I have seen Dato & Nino from this band again. It was only fo short moment but in this year we will have more time. Dato gave me many new song from Stumari and much more: many other music from Georgia; also from Zumba - it was a descovery for me ... Thanks a lot my friends, Ralph - and I wish you all the best for the future ...

NINO JANJGAVA - VOCAL, FLUTE, KEYBOARD.
DAVID KHOSITASHVILI - GUITAR, VOCAL, FANDURI, CHONGURI, SALAMURI, STVIRI.
MAMU JANJGAVA - VOCAL, VIOLIN.

"STUMARI" is difficult to classify but its little familiar music lingers in your ears. It means "GUEST". The group takes you to a mysterious and colourful universe. Along with Georgian songs, Stumari renew the traditions combining contemporary music and traditional Georgian scales.

No comments: