Thursday, July 16, 2009

PHOTOGRAPHER: Temo Bardzimashvili from Georgia (photojournalism.ge)

Temo: Having mostly technical and scientific background (BS in physics from Tbilisi State University, Georgia in 2001; MS in Industrial Mathematics from Michigan State University, USA in 2005; Later working for two years as a software developer in a Georgian phone company), I got interested in photography about four years ago. While initially shooting mostly for pleasure, two years ago I began to use photography professionally when I started writing and taking photos for regional environmental magazine called Caucasus Environment.

In 2007 I applied to Certified Practical Course in Photojournalism at Georgian Institute of Public Affairs, which sparked the interest for photojournalism in me. After completing it I decided to enroll English Master's Degree Program in Journalism and Media Management at Caucasus School of Journalism and Media Management at GIPA, where I study now. While studying I continue working as a writer and photographer for different local issues.

I also assist at Certified Practical Course in Photojournalism since 2007.

In August 2008, during the Russian-Georgian conflict, I had a good opportunity to raise my journalistic skills while working as a reporter and a photographer for such issues as The Washington Post and EurasiaNet online magazine. I continue collaborating with these issues presently.

more here: www.photojournalism.ge

2 comments:

robert said...

Looking out, into the future.

Anonymous said...

its very nice post with nice things ,,

thanks


___________________
victor
For 3 Months Enjoy Free 28 Premium Movie Channels