Thursday, February 24, 2011

WEB 2.0: Via Twitter recommend me Ani Wandaryan two new blogs from Georgia. (twitter.com/GoldenTent)

(1) New Adventures on the Horizon
We can learn something from everyone

By Steffi Park Eger

I knew I was in trouble when the first slurred words out of his mouth were, "Oooo, it's a girl!"

Yes, he was talking about me.

In a post a few days ago, I briefly mentioned the idiocy that I put up with at the wedding party I attended last weekend, and that I had promised not to write about it in my blog. Actually, I'm pretty sure my words to him were, "I won't blog about it tonight..... how's that?" (That was in answer to his whining about not wanting anyone to know what an idiot he was.) Well, it's not "tonight" anymore, is it?? But to protect the idiot, I mean innocent, "he" shall remain nameless. There are lessons to be explored in our exchange .....as much as I would like to never think about him again.

further text >>>

+++

(2)
Experimenting in Happiness
Drinking Village with a Georgian Problem
By James Norton

“I never like to drink. But I have to quite often.”

My host “dad” offered me this surprising pearl of wisdom this morning over our gritty instant coffee, to which I frowned quizzically, smirked, and shot back, “No you don’t. You’re an adult. You can do whatever you want.”

A puzzling comment coming from a Georgian. At its most harmless, it’s only a super Georgian (i.e. passive aggressive) way of chastising me for running off towards the beginning of an afternoon binge drinking session yesterday (by means of an arranged phone call from – let’s just say – someone I was much, much more interested in talking to than a bunch of old, dirty Georgian men peppering me with demanding questions in a language I don’t understand).

further text >>>

No comments: