Monday, February 28, 2011

JOURNALISM: Haley Sweetland Edwards - freelance journalist, writer, eater, adventurista, bon vivant (haleyedwards.com)


I’m a freelance reporter living and working in the Caucasus and the Middle East. Over the course of my travels, I’ve chewed qat with Yemeni sheikhs, trekked with Bedouins in the Sahara, weathered a tear-gassing in Kashmir, back-country skied in the Rockies, climbed to prehistoric cave paintings in Somaliland, sailed through the Panama Canal, picnicked in the Mayan pyramids and, just once, threw myself out of a plane over Washington State.

I was able to report from Yemen last year thanks to a grant from the Pulitzer Center for Crisis Reporting, and with funding from the Overseas Press Club Fellowship. I’ve been grossly over-educated at Yale (BA philosophy & history) and Columbia (MA journalism & politics), where I learned, among other things, how to drink whiskey, ski the giant slalom, and pretend I understand Heidegger. I currently live in Tbilisi, Georgia.

Clips +++ Blog +++ Contact

No comments: