Deadline: 12 January 2014 Open to: residents of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, or Turkey, aged 23–35, holding university degree Venue: 4–12 February 2014, Tbilisi, Georgia
Description(mladiinfo.eu) The Centre for Cultural Relations — Caucasian House, with the financial support of the British Foreign and Commonwealth Office will be conducting a study and dialogue visit (4–12 February 2014) in Georgia. Project aims to promote the regional cooperation between young professionals (civil activists, researchers, analysts, academics, etc.) of the South Caucasus and Turkey in an effort to contribute to integration process between the respective societies. It is our hope that the project will help to foster peace and stability in the region while making a contribution to the integration of these societies.
The process will consist of two components:
- Study component: Participants will have the opportunity to receive information on current domestic and foreign policy issues in Georgia, examine the situation of ethnic and religious minorities in the country as well as look at the issues connected to economic development and security through meetings with senior officials, representatives of nongovernmental organizations, and think tanks working in the field.
- Dialogue component: Participants will discuss the important issues in the region and in their respective countries. They will deliver presentations based on drafts submitted beforehand on prominent issues in their societies and discuss the possibilities for regional cooperation while working in the group. The presentations and discussions will form the basis for final articles which will be published on the website HERE. The website was developed under the dialogue projects previously implemented by the Caucasian House and serves as an analytical platform for the dialogue among young professionals from the region.
- Residents of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, or Turkey;
- Age 23–35;
- University degree;
- At least early stage of professional/academic career;
- Interest in the region of Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Turkey;
- Proficiency in English.
CostsAll costs related to transportation, accommodation, and board will be covered by the project.
ApplicationThe application form, CV or résumé, and the optional writing sample should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 12 January 2014, at midnight (UTC +04:00). Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an interview and notified of the selection results by 24 January.
For more information please visit the official website HERE.
Read more: mladiinfo.eu