(europehousegeorgia.org) Call for proposals for cultural managers from Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia Europe House Georgia in cooperation with MitOst Berlin is pleased to invite cultural managers from Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia to participate in the training program for cultural managers aiming at building confidence within each of the three South Caucasus countries through fostering and forging co-operation in the cultural sector whilst strengthening cultural institutions in Armenia, Azerbaijan and Georgia as well as the professional qualifications of their cultural managers.
- Increasing trust resulting in an improved environment and building confidence between the populations of the territories involved in conflicts (Armenia and Azerbaijan) and neighbouring countries (Azerbaijan, Armenia and Georgia) through cultural projects.
- Improving the qualification of cultural managers through trainings in cultural project management, strategic management and European policies and instruments as well as study visits to German cultural institutions.
- Strengthening cultural institutions and creating a common platform where young professionals will develop joint project proposals for future initiatives. Supervised by mentors, participating cultural managers will improve the organisational structures of their cultural institutions through innovation. The training component will be actively used for developing this innovative approach. The implementation of new strategy and efficient management in the institutions will be supervised during two seminars by experienced mentors from Germany. The project, therefore, will combine the strengthening of the professional skills of individual cultural managers and the capacity building of cultural institutions.
- Creating and building long-term co-operation between selected organizations from the South Caucasus and Germany.
The program foresees following activities:
- Training in cultural management and strategic development for cultural institutions, Tbilisi December 9 – 15, 2012
- Study visit to Germany in February 2013 including a seminar in trans-cultural project management and study visits to cultural institutions
- Working sessions during the preparation of the strategies with mentors.
Cultural managers should have at least 5 years of working experience at cultural institutions in their home countries or abroad or as freelance managers, have strong interest in international cooperation and strategic planning of the cultural institutions they represent of their own projects/initiatives; have good knowledge of English, Russian or German language.
The program is funded by the Black Sea Trust, a project of the German Marshall Fund of the United States, and the Robert Bosch Foundation.
Applicants should send their CV, motivation letter and one recommendation letter from their work place or a representative of a partner organization (if freelance) before November 20 to firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
For more information about Europe House Georgia and MitOst e.V. please visit our websites: www.europehousegeorgia.org and www.mitost.org
1, Freedom Square
Tbilisi 0105, Georgia