Monday, September 15, 2008

BLOG: Nino Katamadze Performs Live in Yerevan (noteshairenik.blogspot.com)

On Friday night Nino Katamadze and her band Insight played what I believe was their first ever show in Yerevan as part of the 'Armenian Jazz 70" series of events which has been ongoing since the spring. I was thrilled that she made the trip down finally and went to the show with my girlfriend Anush, who actually treated me. I first heard her music a little over a year ago when Onnik at Oneworld Media Blog wrote something about her. The band is from Georgia and their sound is sort of a cross between rock and jazz, but I would not say fusion. Their performance at the Opera House proved that they lean towards jazz with lengthy renditions of their otherwise short tunes with a strong emphasis on improvisation, not to mention flighty spontaneity on Nino's part. Each song lasted I would say at least 10 minutes.

more >>>
noteshairenik.blogspot.com

No comments: