Last week I had an nice chat with the photographer Rena Effendi. She recommend me this great artwork from Azerbaijan. I am also very interesting about art scene from this area of the world as one part of South Caucasus. Thanks a lot to Rena Effendi. Down under the biography you can find the link to the homepage of Javad Mir Javadov.
Mir Javad Mir Javadov was born in Baku, Azerbaijan on the 191h of January, 1923.
* 1941 - 1949 was a student (with some recesses) of the Azerbaijan Fine Arts High School, named after A. Azimzadeh. In 1942, for the first time the artist sees a reproduction of Paul Cezanne's artwork "Mardi Gras", an event that completely changed Javad's art views.
* 1949 - 1954 Javad lives in Saint Petersburg, where he created modernistic inspirations of European classic artists. At the time he was the only Soviet artist who had been issued a permanent pass for the neo-western department of the Hermitage museum. During the time periodn he also created improvisations of ancient cultural works of the peoples of the world, which were held in the Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography.
* 1955 destroys everything created so far
* 1955 - 1966 moves to the village of Buzovni, near Baku, where he works on abstract sculptures and other works of fine art.
* In 1964, after an order to "dispose off this anti-Soviet nightmare" coming from the owner of the villa where he worked (a professor of Marxism and Leninism), Javad buried in the sand almost all of his abstract works, painted on three-dimensional shields. Notwithstanding the fact that Javad buried his works with the idea to recover them later, all of his works from this period were lost, since the owner planted vines all around the place. In this way, a whole stage in the artist's- career was irreversibly lost.
* In 1965 he applied for permission to travel to Mexico, which would have been his first trip outside the USSR. After an interview with the officials he had been refused.
* 1966 he gets married to Lubov Mir Javadova (née Lomakina).
* 1966 21st. October their son, Khazri, is born in Baku.
* 1970 for the first time the artist was granted a permission to participate in a collective exhibition of the Union of Artists of Azerbaijan.
* 1975 he was admitted to the Union of Artists of the USSR.
* 1983 Javad suffered a heart attack.
* -1987 A documentary called "This is Javad", which was directed by B. Mamedov.
* 1987 On the eve of the crash of the Soviet Union, Javad was elected in the Governing Body of the Union of Artists of Azerbaijan.
* 1989 Javad was issued his first international passport in order to travel to Denmark
* 1990 Vienna, "Beethoven" hotel, the place where the artist created his last three three paintings.
* The 24'h of June, 1992 - Javad died in the Copenhagen - Moscow train.