gerne möchte ich Euch auf ein Call aufmerksam machen, der sich an NachwuchswissenschaftlerInnen aus dem Südkaukasus richtet.
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Conflict and Transformation in the South Caucasus: State Building between National Identity and Europeanization
6 -- 10 October 2009
The summer school is geared towards up-and-coming young scientists of the South Caucasus as the future opinion-makers and decision-makers of the region. This group assumes a key role because they can take a mediating function between state institutions, international actors and societal organisations in the transformation processes and conflict management in the region. In order to support these processes the young scientists are to acquire and discuss peace, conflict, transition, European and regional studies together with international experts during the summer school. The aim is not only the discussion itself in terms of content but also the improvement of methodical and presentation skills. Altogether, the following five subject areas will be covered:
- Methods of social sciences, with main emphasis on comparative and regional studies
- National identity and social transformation
- Political transformation and state building
- Conflict and conflict management (including a practical training)
- The Caucasus and Europe (an integration)
The Summer School is jointly organised by the Institute for Political Science / Chair of International Relations and Development Policy and the Institute for Development and Peace of the University of Duisburg-Essen and the Regional Office South Caucasus of the Heinrich Böll Foundation. The conference is supported by the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD).
- Prof. Dr. Tobias Debiel, University of Duisburg-Essen
- Assoc.Prof. Dr. Wim van Meurs, Institute for Development and Peace (INEF), University of Duisburg-Essen; Radboud University Nijmegen
- Prof. Dr. Heinz-Jürgen Axt, University of Duisburg-Essen
- Dr. Iris Kempe, Heinrich Böll Foundation
- Dr. Giorgi Nizharadze, International Centre for Conflicts and Negotiations, Tbilisi
- Malkhaz Saldadze, Ilia Chavchavadze State University, Tbilisi
- Paata Zakareishvili, Center for Development and Cooperation
- Dr. Sergey Rumyansev, Scientific Institute for Philosophy, Politics and Law, Baku
- Dr. Alexander Iskandaryan, Caucasus Institute, Yerevan
- Dr. Viktor Voronkov, Centre for Independent Social Research, St. Petersburg
- Research topic must suit the Summer School
- Participants must reside in the South Caucasus
- Good oral and written proficiency of English
Please note: No conference fees will be raised. Travel expenses for participants coming from the South Caucasus region are paid for. Board and Lodging is provided.
Applicants are requested to submit the following documents:
a) Letter of Motivation (1-2 pages)
b) Curriculum Vitae (including possible publications)
c) Two References (Name and Contact)
d) Overview on previous studies / Transcript of Records
e) Draft Outline of Research Project (1-2 pages)
The files sent for the application must be in English and delivered in one e-mail.
The deadline for submission is 30 June 2009. The successful candidates will be notified no later than 15 July 2009. The application material should be sent to email@example.com.
For further information on the Summer School, please write to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tel: 0203 - 36355966